• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD • Tokai LS135Q

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Got this around a month ago, really impressed with the build quality and I can't find fault with anything. The nitro matte-violin finish is beautiful, much prefer it to the glossy LP's I've previously owned. Anyway here she is

9iXyOhil.jpg

5REM4anl.jpg

Replaced the trussrod cover, bridge, tailpiece & studs and dropped on a pair of old Gibson pickup covers. Also gave the pickup selector knob a bit of a sanding to take the gloss of it. Did the same to the poker chip and took the gold lettering back a touch

CbOYf8rl.jpg

2mj4oYbl.jpg

MwPaEX4l.jpg

Finally I gave it a small nod to the Green/Moore LP

Hqqt27jl.jpg

KtkSXgXl.jpg

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

I have always liked to give my guitars a name, finally settled on Katsai for this one

kKvJ5Q6l.jpg

Reason being is there's a marking up by the neck that kinda looks a bit like a cats eye, and when you move the guitar in the light the 'eye' moves :wow

gibson-r8

Is that top a veneer? It looks beautiful, and it plays and sounds good? I have a beautiful lawsuit era Electra Omega I love, great when I don’t want to schlep out a Gibson. It has a beautiful veneer. Congrats and happy NGD. Enjoy it for what it is.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Is that top a veneer? It looks beautiful, and it plays and sounds good? I have a beautiful lawsuit era Electra Omega I love, great when I don’t want to schlep out a Gibson. It has a beautiful veneer. Congrats and happy NGD. Enjoy it for what it is.
No, it's a maple top that seems to look 3D in just about any light. Took this shot before I went to bed last night, the flame moves as you do

gy9ex5Il.jpg

Yes it plays great, medium sized neck and sounds really good too. Very violin'y up the top end and almost piano-like at the bottom (hopefully that makes sense) ?! I must admit have never heard of Electra Omega, just did a quick search and yes they look pretty nice! What year is yours?