• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Joe B got another one owner Burst

KS 5150

Wow! A great year for Guitar Safaris :applaude:applaude:applaude

K_L

There`s a great video of Joe recently playing it that was posted on the LPF Facebook Page.

JMatch

Question on the dye for experts:

This guitar is beautiful. The 59s are disposed to fade because of the type of dye used, from what I recall when said dye is exposed to sunlight. This guitar must have been kept in its case or in an enclosed room all these years.

So my question(s): if Joe plays this at live gigs or just around the house, is it doomed to fade? Would even night gigs fade it from the strong stage lights? Would it fade from just the regular sunlight in the house during the day? (Heck, there's a lot of sunlight in the room in that picture with the amp.)

It's awesome to see one with that original vintage cherry color and it would be great if it could somehow be preserved. On the other hand, I could see that part of the guitar's unique future history could be how it fades and the colors where it settles. I wonder what Joe has in mind.

Also neat that it's a plain top. Supposedly the Beano burst is also a plain top; maybe this is a nearby serial number.

DrRobert

Les Paul Forum Member
The color is wonderful, but so is the grain. It's not all flames and fancy, just honest wood!

And yes, I think if the guitar is out in the world, it will fade. The 59 Dave has had upstairs with no sunlight but plenty of fluorescent light has faded dramatically in the 15 years I've known of it.

sws1

Question on the dye for experts:

This guitar is beautiful. The 59s are disposed to fade because of the type of dye used, from what I recall when said dye is exposed to sunlight. This guitar must have been kept in its case or in an enclosed room all these years.

So my question(s): if Joe plays this at live gigs or just around the house, is it doomed to fade? Would even night gigs fade it from the strong stage lights? Would it fade from just the regular sunlight in the house during the day? (Heck, there's a lot of sunlight in the room in that picture with the amp.)

Theoretically, yes. Intensity of light plays a role. You can fade a guitar in days with high intensity lights. The occasional gig at dusk or under LED lights is quite low intensity. Indirect vs reflected light plays a role.

C-4

Color looks exact like on my 2009 R8 Brock/Bourbonburst! :dude:

I was just thinking the same thing! I have a M2M 2018 R9 Bourbonburst that looks remarkably like the coloring on Joe's new beauty.

Congratulations Joe, on a stellar and extremely rare find. Enjoy playing it for a long time. :)

El Gringo

oh ya. joe knew the second he opened the case it was 'right' i wonder if it cranks? dead pickps turn me off like jail food (not that ive...)
you got food ? They threw my beverage out , and it was water !