• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Melbourne Guitar Show

Stoj

I attended, the numbers were certainly down, also half the number of booths than previous years with the same gear as last year.

It's a real shame that a show like this aren't bigger.

The biggest issue is the cost of booths, speaking to a friend who had a stall in previous years he said it's just not a viable option for him, he'd need to sell over 5 CS guitars just to break even.

Pricing wasn't competitive either, in most cases more expensive than buying from a store.

miczap

I attended, the numbers were certainly down, also half the number of booths than previous years with the same gear as last year.

It's a real shame that a show like this aren't bigger.

The biggest issue is the cost of booths, speaking to a friend who had a stall in previous years he said it's just not a viable option for him, he'd need to sell over 5 CS guitars just to break even.

Pricing wasn't competitive either, in most cases more expensive than buying from a store.

Only gear highlights were a '59 jazzmaster that was a joy to play and trying out the kemper stage.

Where are the melbourne bursts?

F-Hole

They should have called me, I'd have provided a bunch of vintage guitars to stir things up a bit.