• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

EDS 1275 - 2003 SPRUCE! Whoa!

brandtkronholm

Ok, I like it!

https://reverb.com/item/26127016-gibson-spruce-top-double-neck-2003-sunburst

newvnk7zmcbu6esvwtvj.jpg

ieuahzweg7domce1qs1i.jpg

yewzomrv9lf04hh22pdd.jpg

Wow. Awesome.

deytookerjaabs

Woah, isn't this some type of reissue of a rare late 50's version that was also built like an archtop?

brandtkronholm

Yup.
It may not be hollow like the originals.

Here's an image of several examples of the originals:
gibson_eds-1275_twin_neck_double_12_double_neck_vintage_guitar_guitars.jpg

...and a close-up:
1959_Gibson_EDS1275_sunburst_refin.jpg

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
WOW! That thing is completely badass! If I hadn't just bought way too many guitars, I'd be on that like white on rice!

Interestingly, while it's not like those late 50s ones (which have a completely unique sound, BTW, having no f-holes), it wouldn't surprise me if this one was at least chambered in some way. I'd love to know more about the construction--truly one of a kind, very cool!

maxwedge

It's really thin but it has to be hollow or how else would you get the pots in there?! :hmm

sonar

I am nowhere near cool enough to own a guitar like that.

SpencerD

Now that right there is pretty freakin' nice. Whoa! Indeed. :yah

I owned an EDS briefly a long time ago. Mine was white with the gold hardware - it didn't work out unfortunately. Being short and skinny......WTF was I thinking? :laugh2: It looked ridiculous on me,half my size! and tuning it was a chore from hell.

Traded it even up for a '72 Thinline Tele - the ones with the f hole and those giant humbucking pickups that had offset pole pieces.

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
Just checked the listing, and it's still listed for sale, apparently. I really am drawn to that guitar, just a super-interesting one-off. The BIG problem, IMHO, is the price. $12K+ for what is essentially a curiosity is just a bridge too far, at least for me. I'm sure the seller would negotiate, but I think every buyer's idea of a "fair" price is going to be all over the place, and yet unlikely to match the seller's. We'll see...

Ultimately, it's an art piece, more than a utility instrument. I don't think it's going to be any owner's idea of their go-to guit, when the urge hits to crank the Marshall, and mainline some beautiful noise, but who knows?