• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Bonamassa comes to my hometown and brings the bursts to Bethel

EdwardR9

Who would have though that a Tuesday night in Bethel NY two miles from my house my all time fav Joe Bonamassa would destroy Bethel Woods and
toll out three bursts and an Explorer. Not too bad through two Dumble's and two Twins. It is a religious moment when you first hear this man lean into his guitar. A power like very few will ever have.

It was such a privilege to see this generous and immensely talented man bring the best sounding band to my little town and bring me hope.

We have very little positive people and events in my town. When the lights came up and Joe was holding a burst with exposed double creams I cried like a
baby. Johnny B. was special. You gave me a reason to get up and keep going.

God bless you Joe !!!

Ed

Last edited:

miczap

The man himself is coming around to Melbourne in September which is going to be amazing. Tickets are pretty pricey at $260 a pop but god damn am I excited. Going to pick some up next week.

EdwardR9

No one puts on a show like Joe. This was the best sound ever at this venue.

I also found he has sage advice to give.

"Milk Duds. Chocolate on the outside , Poison on the Inside."

Great sense of humor. Homer.

Last edited:

El Gringo

Who would have though that a Tuesday night in Bethel NY two miles from my house my all time fav Joe Bonamassa would destroy Bethel Woods and
toll out three bursts and an Explorer. Not too bad through two Dumble's and two Twins. It is a religious moment when you first hear this man lean into his guitar. A power like very few will ever have.

It was such a privilege to see this generous and immensely talented man bring the best sounding band to my little town and bring me hope.

We have very little positive people and events in my town. When the lights came up and Joe was holding a burst with exposed double creams I cried like a
baby. Johnny B. was special. You gave me a reason to get up and keep going.

God bless you Joe !!!

Ed
With Bethel Woods and Arts Center in your Town , I don't understand your comment that you have few events in your Town ?

EdwardR9

With Bethel Woods and Arts Center in your Town , I don't understand your comment that you have few events in your Town ?

Yeah, Im not 72 and going through the Woodstock nostalgia years or a country shit kicker who gets drunk every night.

There is nothing here but the remnants of civilizations past.

Bethel Woods is a diamond in a cow patty.

What's it got to do with Bursts ?

Last edited:

El Gringo

Yeah, Im not 72 and going through the Woodstock nostalgia years or a country shit kicker who gets drunk every night.

There is nothing here but the remnants of civilizations past.

Bethel Woods is a diamond in a cow patty.

What's it got to do with Bursts ?
Maybe you should then set your sights on the bright lights of the big city

boogieongtr

Glad you enjoyed the show. Joe always brings his A game and NEVER disappoints...!!

jrgtr42

he was in Boston this week too.
I wanted to go, but $100 for a show (plus fees) is a bit spendy at the moment.
Went to another show last weekend, $15, 5 bands, and maybe 150 people there. Great times.