• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Digging this new (to me) Oxford Gray 58 Standard

enharmonic

Oxford.jpg

I wanted one of these since I first saw them back in 2017. Never thought I'd get the chance to land one, but I'm very glad that I did. I love the neck carve on this one. It's fuller than my former 2015 R8, but the carve is very comfortable.

I'm still getting the pickups dialed in. I like Custombuckers, but they're a bit too...polite...in this guitar. They ripped in my R8, so I have high hopes that I'll get them sorted out soon enough.

El Gringo

That is awesome and I just learned that there is Oxford grey which is a great color . Enjoy your most awesome NGD !!!

kuwahara80

Very Cool!! Never saw that color before, but i like it a lot!
Enjoy your new guitar:dude:

enharmonic

That is awesome! :yah Any pics of the back?

I can snap one in the AM. It's the same color on the back and the neck, which reminds me of a LP Custom (I dig Customs, too). It's crazy how much the color shifts in the light.

I'm resisting the urge to do any tweaks beyond dialing in the pickups a bit more until I'm out of the honeymoon phase. I think the first things will be the tuners if teh heavier strings don't resolve the looseness of the stock Klusons. The 19:1 Revolutions will be the way I go if the stock tuners have too much play in them after I bump up to 11s.

Thanks for the kind words, y'all! :dude:

megatrends

Very cool color, I had never seen one like that before until recently. Enjoy!!! It's beautiful!~

Midnight Blues

Nice! Congrats, HNGD
jam.gif
and play her in good health!