• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Peter Green and the Bluesbreakers Better than Clapton?

agogetr

Ok, so please share with us in who is better than Beck, Clapton, Page ( the widely known big 3 ) Then there are the 3 Kings- B.B. King, Freddie King , Albert King . I am dying to know your answer ?
gary moore. maybe not better but... equal and in some ways ........ damn all things considered... gary sang too ..and sang really really good

El Gringo

gary moore. maybe not better but... equal and in some ways ........ damn all things considered... gary sang too ..and sang really really good

Gary Moore was a very talented guitarist for sure !

goldtop0

Ok, so please share with us in who is better than Beck, Clapton, Page ( the widely known big 3 ) Then there are the 3 Kings- B.B. King, Freddie King , Albert King . I am dying to know your answer ?

Revision required El..........Peter Green:lol

duaneflowers

Again, its all subjective, but Peter Green, in his heyday, had an otherworldliness that could made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Whether that makes him a 'better' player or not is not really related, he had the ability to do that, whereas even those I consider some of the greatest players (Allman, Garcia, Clapton, McLaughlin, Santana, Page, Beck, Hendrix, et. al.) didn't possess that particular ability. The only other player that could do that was Robert Johnson... but as we all know, he had a little help. :spabout

c_wester

I love both but my suspicion is that Peter Green understood notes better and could have been a classical musician.
With Albatross he reaches and maybe passed Jimi Hendrix`s Machine gun in the way he stopped making music and started painting pictures.

Also, Eric Clapton in 1968 was such a tonal technician.

They are all top-notch musicians and to compare them is wrong, no one is better.