• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Replacement Pick up ring mounts..

Melodyman

Howdy all..
Ok, so first up. Why doesnt Gibson make the tall black bridge pickup mount rings anymore? Cant find them anywhere except used vintage sites.. Anyone know?

Also, I have a CC#2 Goldie and I want to replace the original pickup rings with the newer corrected plastics that came out shortly after mine was made.
Cant find any info on how to get these..

Any suggestions appreciated.

Ta..

~MM~..

Zeppelinguy85

All Access/Backstage Pass
Howdy all..
Ok, so first up. Why doesnt Gibson make the tall black bridge pickup mount rings anymore? Cant find them anywhere except used vintage sites.. Anyone know?

Also, I have a CC#2 Goldie and I want to replace the original pickup rings with the newer corrected plastics that came out shortly after mine was made.
Cant find any info on how to get these..

Any suggestions appreciated.

Ta..

~MM~..

Not sure on the cream rings, but for black rings, look at Dimarzio. You can get the rings from GC/MF, four bucks apiece. They are the correct historic height, since they're black you don't need to sweat any color match details. Sure they don't say M-69 on them but that isn't an issue once they're on the guitar. For the cream rings, I'd look at Creamtone. They have different price points depending on how much detail you want under the rings.

Melodyman

Hey thanks gents for the Creamtone tip.. I am aware of them but I was interested in how I can actually get the new updated authentic historical Gibson plastics they improved for the Historics a few years back to put on my Goldie.. Cant seem to find any way to order them ..

Also still wondering why Gibson stopped making the Black bridge Hi Mount PU rings but still make it in white..

Appreciate the help. Thanx!