• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2002 R8 Finally made it here ! Feel free to share the flame .

Rockhard

Owned this since 2003 and several years ago on some threads I wasn't very savvy , perhaps still not , didn't get photos up , forgot password ....... still the same guitar though . One of those R8s that thinks it's an R9 in looks and neck profile . I installed Grovers and bone nut in recent years . The pups are SD WLH I bought around UK only release but only covered couple months ago . It has Orange Drops and 50s wiring . Probably my favourite of 4 LPs currently .

R81.jpg

IMG_5953.jpg

IMG_5954.jpg

Last edited:

renderit

Very nice. I have an R9 which looks very similar and I love it to pieces!

The Shifter

I have a 2002 R8 and it and every other '02 I've come across has a smaller neck profile, more akin to a '59 style.

Cool guitar!:salude

Rockhard

It's pretty much the dream flame top I hoped to own . Took 6 months to prize out of dealer mate's hands who said it was his personal guitar . The neck is not like a 58 is supposed to be but more 59 . I bought a 2011 R9 couple of years ago with same neck profile .

IMG_4366.jpg

Rockhard

I have a 2002 R8 and it and every other '02 I've come across has a smaller neck profile, more akin to a '59 style.

Cool guitar!:salude

Thanks . As someone said there was probably more demand for lower priced R8s so Gibson just branded the R9 stock as R8s . Such foibles exist at our favourite guitar company . These days with MTM and retailer special runs of you course you can order an R9 with fatter R8 neck and vice versa etc .