• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

RIP Danocaster

Arch D. Bunker

Misleading thread title...luckily Mr Strain is still with us. :jim

Apparently a victim of his own success. Though he assembled prefabricated parts by third party vendors, he seemed to have the magic touch in fine tuning his guitars, plus I don't think I have seen anyone ever doing better relic finishes.

I guess the news of him quitting business has quickly spread - the asking prices on used Danocasters went through the roof overnight..

Dans%20pick.jpg

jrgtr42

From the announcement I saw, any orders that he had in, would be filled, so as long as you put down a deposit, you're good to go.

jimeh77

I snagged a double cut from reverb not long before the announcement. I wouldn't buy one with normal price now.

Do you think Danos would go up to 10k territory years from now?

jwguitar

I snagged a double cut from reverb not long before the announcement. I wouldn't buy one with normal price now.

Do you think Danos would go up to 10k territory years from now?

I suspect these will go up in valued for sure. They have a huge fan following and if they are going to be discontinued there will be less of them out there. If there still is a demand for them they will most certainly appreciate in value.