• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Early Zeppelin Pics

El Gringo

Very cool and maybe the first time I have seen his Telecaster with the mirrors and a very young Jimmy Page . Thanks for posting !

rialcnis

Very cool and maybe the first time I have seen his Telecaster with the mirrors and a very young Jimmy Page . Thanks for posting !

Actually those pics show the Dragon Telecaster which was the same guitar redone. Jimmy used the Mirrors only with the Yardbirds in 1967 shows and the Dragon top was also during the Yardbirds through 1968 and the beginning and first album of Zep. The same Telecaster can be heard on the Yardbirds, Little Games, album in 1967. Incredible tone.

EDIT: Looking again and scrolling down further I see a shot of the Mirrors with The Yardbirds in Denmark I believe.

At Shrine Auditorium, The Yardbirds in 1968 was the first time I'd seen the Dragon Tele in Person. In 1967 he also used the Vox for a couple songs and of course the Danelectro for White Summer. Concerts in 1967 were all with the Mirrors on the Tele. Of course he was also using the Dragon when I first saw them at Whisky a go go on the first tour.

Last edited: