• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson moving their headquarters to downtown Nashville

JesseDKnutson

Spoke with JC on Friday and he gave me a couple of scoops when it comes to what's new for Gibson. The first one is that they're moving their HQ from just outside of Nashville to downtown Nashville. They'll have about double the space and JC said it's a great way to come out of their restructuring and show their commitment to Nashville and the future.

More info:
https://www.newschannel5.com/news/gibson-to-move-headquarters-to-downtown-nashville

jb_abides

... and the second? We are all waiting to see where 'Memphis' will land. Maybe we need to call it 'Gibson ES'...?

It's great to demonstrate commitment, but hope they got a deal $/sq-ft OR there are plans for a great product demo/exec center venue with opportunities for dog n' pony shows and customer interaction, or the move may look like a way to give HQ-types more downtown elbow-rubbing and lunch options while increasing net costs to the company not to mention perhaps worse commutes for the rank n' file folks in accounting, etc.

Also hope it doesn't take execs further from the factories, they need to be in the action, not in an ivory tower.

Now that I've rained on that parade -- as well as throwing all sorts of cliches in -- I hope for the best here, and sincerely wish them good luck! :salude

JesseDKnutson

... and the second? We are all waiting to see where 'Memphis' will land. Maybe we need to call it 'Gibson ES'...?

It's great to demonstrate commitment, but hope they got a deal $/sq-ft OR there are plans for a great product demo/exec center venue with opportunities for dog n' pony shows and customer interaction, or the move may look like a way to give HQ-types more downtown elbow-rubbing and lunch options while increasing net costs to the company not to mention perhaps worse commutes for the rank n' file folks in accounting, etc.

Also hope it doesn't take execs further from the factories, they need to be in the action, not in an ivory tower.

Now that I've rained on that parade -- as well as throwing all sorts of cliches in -- I hope for the best here, and sincerely wish them good luck! :salude

I'm not sure if they got a deal, but they will have about double the space of their current HQ which will allow them to possibly expand in the future, and they will have opportunities to create guitar showrooms for artists and opportunities to showcase Gibson to the public, whether it be through a museum sort of feel with a look at the past, or showcasing their current instruments. Those details haven't been ironed out yet. As for getting the execs further from the factory... Talked with the master luthier at Gibson USA and he said JC has visited the factory more times in the first 8 months than Henry probably did during his whole time as CEO. The new location will have about the same proximity to the factories, so I don't expect that to change too much. Only time will tell though!

Trans-Am

My cousin was touring around that area as in visiting, as a Gibson fan himself...he did hear it around the near pubs of the changes and moves.
Gibson has a lot of in tier hands specially with the new captain in the helm, looks good so far it seems.:hank

JesseDKnutson

Can now provide an update:

Gibson will be moving their headquarters to Cummins Station in Nashville. It's right there in downtown, probably 5 blocks from all the Honky Tonks down on Broadway.

Gibson says: "The unique propertywill allow the Gibson HQ to function with improved workspace functionality and flow, including expansion options for the future. There will also be the opportunity to create guitar showrooms for artists and more options to showcase the iconic Gibson brand and story to the public in the heart of the music community."

Take that as you will, but I see a showroom/museum/Gibson experience coming in the future based on that...

Trans-Am

A more centralized take and more into your face as in visual.:peace2