• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Purl Jam: Finland hosts heavy metal knitting championship.

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Purl Jam: Finland hosts heavy metal knitting championship.

Armed with needles and a yarn of wool, teams of avid knitters danced to the deafening sounds of drums beating and guitars slashing at the first-ever Heavy Metal Knitting World Championship in eastern Finland.
With stage names such as Woolfumes, Bunny Bandit and 9'' Needles, the participants shared a simple goal: to showcase their knitting skills while dancing to heavy metal music in the most outlandish way possible.
"It's ridiculous but it's so much fun,'' said Heather McLaren, an engineering PhD student who travelled from Scotland for a shot at the 'world title'. "When I saw there was a combination of heavy metal and knitting, I thought 'that's my niche.'''

And sumo wrestlers and kabuki performers – there’s something for everybody! :yah :hee

J T

They definitely have too much time on their hands

SpencerD

How did I not know about this?

Possibly the greatest thing that has ever happened

OH MY GOD!!!!

:yah :dude: :peace2

​i'm not even kidding.