• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Some of my "Other Gibsons"

opdev

Well, there is one LP here but I mostly have other Gibsons.

Here is a family shot of a few of them.

57 Special, 55 ES-175, 52 ES-295, 59 ES-335, 63 Firebird V

R3l0qed.jpg

opdev

Very nice, opdev. Got any good stories?

Well, I got the LP Special from Gil Southworth. It was one of my first vintage Gibsons. The market was turning and he had 3 on his site for 15K+. I called and asked how much for a Special and he said, pick any one for 6K.... He included the ebay auction where he paid 18.5K just a year earlier.

The 335 was at a local shop (maybe 10 years ago). Asking price was 20K and it looked super grimy and ugly . Seemed to have a lot of wear.. It sounded so good I just had to buy it. Once I bought it, Jon Mouradian (Boston guitar legend) said he'd see if he could clean it up a bit. All the grime wiped off and it was in WAY better shape cosmetically than originally thought. Minus the Grovers, it's a sweet, amazing sounding example.

The ES-295 is currently being evaluated for original finish verification....

The Firebird is a recent Reverb purchase from a guy that just bought a 58 Burst...

I need a second "other Gibson" shot for the rest of the herd......

Last edited:

opdev

Since the 295 may not stick around, another "other Gibson" (this one NO issues) jumped in her spot... She's a '51 Blondie...

bVd2Roa.jpg