• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New (To Me) 2016 Standard

Eagle157

Hey All, over the last 2+ years I've gone through 3 Tributes, 2 Studios and 1 Special before finally deciding to get what I've wanted all along - a burst Standard. This is a 2016 in Desert Burst. I tried some gold knobs (top hats & speed) but think the stock amber blends much better. It's got locking Grover tuners which I didn't necessarily 'require', but I like the convenience of them. Plus, although I believe this is said to have 'Modern Weight Relief', it weighs in at an even 10 lbs., so I think the heavier tuners are balancing it out. My previous LPs for the most part have been bottom heavy, but this is the most balanced of any I've owned. Plus the 4 push-pull pots provide quite an interesting palette of options.

Attachments

• IMG_4679.jpg
    IMG_4679.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 32

grimlyflick

Very nice. In all the fuss about the 2019 return to form the 2016 standards appear to be somewhat overlooked.

I got mine in a geat deal due to Gibson’s yearly update, reduced by £700.

I ditched the switching for a Fake59 wiring kit and some Monty’s humbuckers as I’ve always found the Burstbuckers a little dark for my tastes, and just this morning I changed the tailpiece to TonePros locking studs and Faber lightweight tailpiece. No reason other than I just prefer that system to the grubscrew locking tailpiece.

Enjoy, that is a beautiful guitar
:salude

4A37F692-0D85-4FAD-AE8C-F1329B674674.jpg