• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Swedish Dance Band with a Burst

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I posted this many years ago with no luck getting the details. Let's try again ... does anybody recognize this band, the Burst and the guitar player? My only notes [I can find] are that the photo is from 1969.

Bengt-Erikz_Qwintett.jpg

:salude

thin sissy

Very interesting, I hope someone can help :hmm

The music this kind of band (directly translated as Dance Band as you wrote) plays I think is kind of unique to Sweden? That doesn't mean that it's good though :spabout

I also think most countries have their own version of "Dance bands"? In Ireland for example there were the "Show bands" (something that Rory and Gary used to talk about). Bands that played at dances before there were DJ's I suppose.

fakejake

I thought this would refer to ABBA... Did they ever use a Burst?

Big Al

That photo looks a lot earlier than 1969, too me. The hair styles, matching outfits, shoes and whole style seems mid 60's, not the 69 I still remember well and fondly.

I'd bet there are more Burst Band Photos to discover as Sweeden appears to have had a very active Gibson import relationship post WW II and quite a few Bursts were sold there from what I've learned.

ourmaninthenorth

Bengt Erikz Quintet. ( Band Leader Bengt Heder )

The guitar player is called Ville Balter.

CatManDoo88

That photo looks a lot earlier than 1969, too me. The hair styles, matching outfits, shoes and whole style seems mid 60's, not the 69 I still remember well and fondly.

I'd bet there are more Burst Band Photos to discover as Sweeden appears to have had a very active Gibson import relationship post WW II and quite a few Bursts were sold there from what I've learned.

That is true for the US and UK, but those changes and developments did not occur uniformly everywhere around the world at the same time. Many parts of the world were a bit behind the times. Also, given that this was a "dance band" and not a rock/pop band, it would make sense they were dressed a bit more conservatively.