• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

335 question ?

RR82

What can everyone tell me about the 2013 Navelina gold Gibson 335? 25 made is my understanding, what’s a value that these trade at privately today and is there a desire in the market for these? I think they look really cool but hard to find. Thanks in advance!!:salude

gnappi

Here's one: https://www.tundramusic.com/gibson-custom-shop-limited-1959-es-335-navelina-gold-sparkle/

Seems too much to pay for a basically standard 335 in an odd color. I wouldn't expect these to fetch a premium unless a famous celeb plays one. Thank you.

+1. Whether it's 20 or 2,000 made, resale $$ on "odd colors" isn't stellar, lookup the "Tascam" Orange, gold bullion, or blueberry burst. Even moderately uplifted "asking" prices for "rare" colors aren't flying into delivery trucks.

gnappi

I when a git has a premium price on it AND they have the temerity to not include shipping is a joke.

A git at $7k should have at minimum second day, or better still next day shipping.

wmachine

I when a git has a premium price on it AND they have the temerity to not include shipping is a joke.

A git at $7k should have at minimum second day, or better still next day shipping.

Why draw the line at second day?
The total price is the total price. Doesn't matter how much is shipping. Their temerity is just your perception.
I'd be more concerned about the insurance used.

gnappi

Why draw the line at second day?
The total price is the total price. Doesn't matter how much is shipping. Their temerity is just your perception.
I'd be more concerned about the insurance used.

I did not draw the line anywhere, perception yes, but a negative one and I said... " or better still next day shipping"

wmachine

I did not draw the line anywhere, perception yes, but a negative one and I said... " or better still next day shipping"

Sure, you did. You're saying inclusion of 2nd day shipping is acceptable. To you.

I just find it odd that the presentation of cost is so important to anyone. I don't see where that makes any difference. Just because it is not something you or I would do doesn't mean it should be unacceptable.
I hate the term "plays like butter". But if that is in the description, I'd hardly give it a second thought on a guitar I was serious about buying. Unless it really *is* greasy.

RR82

Here's one: https://www.tundramusic.com/gibson-custom-shop-limited-1959-es-335-navelina-gold-sparkle/

Seems too much to pay for a basically standard 335 in an odd color. I wouldn't expect these to fetch a premium unless a famous celeb plays one. Thank you.[/QUOTE

But that Navelina gold sure is speaking to me and I’m not into odd colors at all. It looks like an evil gold top lol. It is a 59 reissue though, with only 25 on earth from Gibson in this Navelina gold. I know a guy that has one, but it’s certainly not cheap but stunning in person and plays great. Has Gibson done a lot of 25 limited run guitars? I’ve seen a run of 50 to 250 and so, but 25 seems rather low. These appear they may have been a European released run?? Just know I have the itch now, I hope if I pass they don’t increase in value when I get the itch again, in another 3 years let’s say haha

Last edited:

crashbelt

Looks like a PoS:dang.

I'd buy it for a grand and have it re-finished:laugh2:.