The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Thread: 335 question ?

335 question ?

What can everyone tell me about the 2013 Navelina gold Gibson 335? 25 made is my understanding, what’s a value that these trade at privately today and is there a desire in the market for these? I think they look really cool but hard to find. Thanks in advance!!

Les Paul Forum Member Guitar Whiskey's Avatar

Les Paul Forum Member GeetarGoul's Avatar

Les Paul Forum Member Guitar Whiskey's Avatar

Re: 335 question ?

Here's one: https://www.tundramusic.com/gibson-c...-gold-sparkle/

Seems too much to pay for a basically standard 335 in an odd color. I wouldn't expect these to fetch a premium unless a famous celeb plays one. Thank you.

Les Paul Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Whiskey View Post
    Here's one: https://www.tundramusic.com/gibson-c...-gold-sparkle/

Seems too much to pay for a basically standard 335 in an odd color. I wouldn't expect these to fetch a premium unless a famous celeb plays one. Thank you.
    +1. Whether it's 20 or 2,000 made, resale $$ on "odd colors" isn't stellar, lookup the "Tascam" Orange, gold bullion, or blueberry burst. Even moderately uplifted "asking" prices for "rare" colors aren't flying into delivery trucks.

Thank you all for your thoughts

Les Paul Forum Member

I when a git has a premium price on it AND they have the temerity to not include shipping is a joke.

A git at $7k should have at minimum second day, or better still next day shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by gnappi View Post
    I when a git has a premium price on it AND they have the temerity to not include shipping is a joke.

A git at $7k should have at minimum second day, or better still next day shipping.
    Why draw the line at second day?
    The total price is the total price. Doesn't matter how much is shipping. Their temerity is just your perception.
    I'd be more concerned about the insurance used.
    "I am the kind of guy that only buys 100 watt heads just to play at home. I feel like if an amp can't kill a heard of cattle 100 yards away what is the point of owning it."

Les Paul Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wmachine View Post
    Why draw the line at second day?
    The total price is the total price. Doesn't matter how much is shipping. Their temerity is just your perception.
    I'd be more concerned about the insurance used.

I did not draw the line anywhere, perception yes, but a negative one and I said... " or better still next day shipping"

Quote Originally Posted by gnappi View Post
    I did not draw the line anywhere, perception yes, but a negative one and I said... " or better still next day shipping"

Sure, you did. You're saying inclusion of 2nd day shipping is acceptable. To you.

I just find it odd that the presentation of cost is so important to anyone. I don't see where that makes any difference. Just because it is not something you or I would do doesn't mean it should be unacceptable.
    I hate the term "plays like butter". But if that is in the description, I'd hardly give it a second thought on a guitar I was serious about buying. Unless it really *is* greasy.
    "I am the kind of guy that only buys 100 watt heads just to play at home. I feel like if an amp can't kill a heard of cattle 100 yards away what is the point of owning it."

[QUOTE=Guitar Whiskey;2837520]Here's one: https://www.tundramusic.com/gibson-c...-gold-sparkle/

Seems too much to pay for a basically standard 335 in an odd color. I wouldn't expect these to fetch a premium unless a famous celeb plays one. Thank you.[/QUOTE

But that Navelina gold sure is speaking to me and I’m not into odd colors at all. It looks like an evil gold top lol. It is a 59 reissue though, with only 25 on earth from Gibson in this Navelina gold. I know a guy that has one, but it’s certainly not cheap but stunning in person and plays great. Has Gibson done a lot of 25 limited run guitars? I’ve seen a run of 50 to 250 and so, but 25 seems rather low. These appear they may have been a European released run?? Just know I have the itch now, I hope if I pass they don’t increase in value when I get the itch again, in another 3 years let’s say haha
    Last edited by RR82; 08-17-19 at 06:19 PM.

Looks like a PoS.

I'd buy it for a grand and have it re-finished.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbelt View Post
    Looks like a PoS.

I'd buy it for a grand and have it re-finished.

very intellectual, so glad you chimed in

A shade of Gretsch ranging between $3500-4500 tops.
    Old WOOD Is Good WOOD !!!