• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Eastman SB59/ V-BK

herb

I've had a set of Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Peter Greens sitting in a drawer for over 10 years. I originally thought I'd put them into my '95 R8 but like the stock sound of it so well I never wanted to mess with it.

Recently I saw a quick review of the said Eastman in a Vintage Guitar mag and it rekindled my interest in the project. It has a cool look and I'm thinking I can get one at a reasonable price. Anyone here have one or perhaps another Eastman type LP? I'd be interested in your thoughts of the build, neck feel and radius, etc. Thank you.

herb

Never mind. Think I'll buy a used ES-LP and put the Greenies in that.

Zentar

The Youtuber named Braun showed an Eastman with a violin oil finish which looked killer.

herb

The Youtuber named Braun showed an Eastman with a violin oil finish which looked killer.

I've seen three of the varnished models all in amber in person. They did not look as good as the one you mentioned on Youtube (of course!). In fact, I didn't think they looked good at all.

The two black models that Eastman builds on the other hand, are more consistent in finish. One is a black varnish and the other a flat black finish. They are pretty cool and are loaded with Lollar Imperial pickups.