• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New ZZ Top documentary

hans-jürgen

Unfortunately it is not available yet on YouTube, only on ARTE, the German-French TV channel, so you would need a VPN service to watch it e.g. in the U.S. (the browser Opera has one built-in for free):

https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/086905-000-A/zz-top-that-little-ol-band-from-texas/

It was made for their 50th band anniversary and current world tour and features a lot of old live footage from the 70s, e.g. their Tejas tour. The interviews are new as well, in English with German subtitles.

Here is the description on IMDb:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9015306/

Maybe other sites already have it. Here is a screenshot where they are playing live in the Gruene Hall:

zz-top-bei-einer-session-in-der-gruene-hall-einer_201906190907_full.jpeg

sglp63

Cool! I recorded it when it was on TV a couple of weeks ago but haven't watched it yet. I was thinking it was a recent concert, not a documentary.

jb_abides

Looking forward to the 50th Anniversary tour. Just got tix :peace2 :salude

mistersnappy

Great stuff-tons of old pics and some rare footage. Possibly some with the unBurst-looks too yellow to be Pearly. Just wish they would've let some of that 70s footage run for a full song instead of snippets. Really cool to see Robin Hood Brian and Terry Manning interviewed!

CatManDoo88

Thanks for the recommendation! Watched it today and it was great. I do wish that Billy had pulled out Pearly or at least one of his copies of her for the tour rehearsals. Brown Sugar wasn't quite the same with the Telecaster.

zhivago

I managed to download a version, but for some reason the interviews, while in English, are overdubbed in French. :fc

Total bummer... :(

On the upside, the footage looks awesome, so I'll wait for a normal release in English.

SpencerD

Kind of on topic :hee

A few years ago a friend of mine went to the grocery store and parked beside a totally tricked out/hot rod looking or something Scion XB car right? --- Black and chrome and skull shit all over it .... ya don't see that often.

The driver of the Scion came out of the store and was loading his purchases --- Gibbons. :hee It figures he would do something like that.

sglp63

I managed to download a version, but for some reason the interviews, while in English, are overdubbed in French. :fc

Total bummer... :(

On the upside, the footage looks awesome, so I'll wait for a normal release in English.

The German Version has subtitles, if you can get hold of that. Highly recommended viewing!