• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

How about a real historic makeovers post?!!

CatManDoo88

Gorgeous! I just dropped my guitar off at UPS yesterday and it's on its way to Kim in Florida now. :biggrin:

How was the turnaround for yours? I know some older threads mention 3-4 months, but not sure if that is still accurate. (I'm happy for it to take however long it takes for them to do it right, just curious...)

BJB63

Gibson still builds guitars like shit. I owned a 60th ann and it had terrible fret board work. nut cut too deep the high e was resting on the first 3 frets,frets had marks all over them. returned it and sent this for an RDS package. it is 100% a better instrument.

Last edited:

Big Al

This forum makes no sense. The posts that you assume would gain attention fall bellow some bed room guitar player obsessing over the rust formula that gibson is using this year. Gibson still builds guitars like shit. I owned a 60th ann and it had terrible fret board work. nut cut too deep the high e was resting on the first 3 frets,frets had marks all over them. returned it and sent this for an RDS package. it is 100% a better instrument.

Then start your own Makeover Forum and quit whining 'cause you aren't getting the ooo's and ahhh's you want. Few agree with your shit opinion or snob ass bedroom players putdowns. Rust never sleeps and interest lies where it lies and people respond accordingly. But hey, yet another Hysterical Makeover thread, what's this number 812? Give it time it's summer and slow.

CatManDoo88

This forum makes no sense. The posts that you assume would gain attention fall bellow some bed room guitar player obsessing over the rust formula that gibson is using this year. Gibson still builds guitars like shit. I owned a 60th ann and it had terrible fret board work. nut cut too deep the high e was resting on the first 3 frets,frets had marks all over them. returned it and sent this for an RDS package. it is 100% a better instrument.

Well, you know you could respond to those posters who did respond to your thread and asked you questions about your experience....

thunderkyss

I can't really see the pictures. I mean I can but they're small. Even when I click o them they pop up in a small window.

If they were bigger, might get more oohs & ahs (that's what she said)

Musicman

"How about a real historic makeovers post?"

We're still waiting. :hmm

Bulwark

I’m quite interested to see the up-close turnout, but can’t b/c iPhone zoom does wacky shit with the orientation.

Did you get them to age it? How’s the lacquer feel in comparison? Any change in tone? Pics are great of course, but I’d love a user review, would go a long way to assisting in our own decision making (those of us that don’t have one yet anyway).

Did you get a Brazilian board? I got a stock Brazilian board on my ‘18 Murphy R9, played a few other w/ Braz and I was personally surprised by how different they feel. Teeny tiny tonal improvement too, but mostly a feel benefit IMHO, YMMV.

And, any chance you can embed the large pics in the post? The root post is doing microscopic thumbnails.

renderit

Pictures man!

Not blurry.

Real pictures.

This was a teaser.

Looks good, but I want better pics.

How does it SOUND?

riograndemud

ya like the; "Big Al" Says...
U can put lipstick on a hog butt;
my 2005 1200 Sportster Custom;
will kick yur ass n' the 1/4 mile every time!!!
serial...
-mud

J T

:hmm

You add a couple of fuzzy tiny photos and that's it? No description of what you asked for and how much the guitar changed/improved, etc? THEN you post this?

This forum makes no sense. The posts that you assume would gain attention fall bellow some bed room guitar player obsessing over the rust formula that gibson is using this year.

I agree with Al, WTF?

C'mon man
<strike></strike>

Last edited:

Drayve85

Shut up and play yer guitar! Quit worrying about the ooohs and ahhhhs on how it looks and get the ooohs and ahhhhs on how good you can play the damned thing at a real live gig!

P.S. I don’t think all of us have the problem or are to blame for not fluffing your ego. Just sayin’. Priorities man, priorities!

SeanT since 1999

Then start your own Makeover Forum and quit whining 'cause you aren't getting the ooo's and ahhh's you want. Few agree with your shit opinion or snob ass bedroom players putdowns. Rust never sleeps and interest lies where it lies and people respond accordingly. But hey, yet another Hysterical Makeover thread, what's this number 812? Give it time it's summer and slow.

👍🏻 Big Al, I always enjoy your posts!

SeanT since 1999