The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

My First Les Paul - 2019 Gibson Les Paul Classic (Heritage Cherry Burst)

Les Paul 1.jpg

Just got my first Les Paul and its wonderful. I've owned many Fender Strats, Teles, and a PRS Singlecut but this is my first proper Gibson...couldn't be happier!

Les Paul Forum Member javiersson's Avatar

Re: My First Les Paul - 2019 Gibson Les Paul Classic (Heritage Cherry Burst)

Happy NGD! Play the hell out it...

Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar

Nice guitar welcome to the forum !!
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

He thinks the mirror is a photo of a clown ?

The Myth: Neat wiring layouts always equate to great-sounding amps.

The Myth: If I would have lived with MOM & mooched till I was 48 I would play like Clapton !
    Think about it
    won't you ...... Please !

Congrats and welcome.

I came from Teles. A Classic was my first Paul as well. 2000 Goldtop "1960" with the ceramics. Still have that gateway drug

Yours is really a great config. They went right for the Grovers on the Slim Taper, and the reflectors to boot. And the push-pulls: coil tapping, phase switching and pure bypassing... truly an embarrassment of riches if you are into it.

Please let us know what you think as both a LP noob and someone coming into the new lineup, how you find the QC and what you like, don't etc. as I think many will be looking at the new Classic...

Also, what do you think of the 61 Burstbuckers?

Enjoy!

I really love it! I know some people don't like the configuration with the push/pulls but for me its great! It sounds lie a Les Paul and then some...The neck is killer and very comfortable, and I love the grovers and reflectors...very cool 60's style burst.

Fit and finish are great - very clean lacquer job (It looks like a proper burst with no "clown" buisness going on, fret job is great, binding is great, and everything is as I would expect fora $2000 guitar. I'm really enjoying the pickups - vintage sounding, but a bit brighter and hotter than others in the range...remind me of Custom 5s. With all the features, I can imagine this is a killer guitar to gig with.

Quote Originally Posted by jb_abides View Post
    Congrats and welcome.

I came from Teles. A Classic was my first Paul as well. 2000 Goldtop "1960" with the ceramics. Still have that gateway drug

Yours is really a great config. They went right for the Grovers on the Slim Taper, and the reflectors to boot. And the push-pulls: coil tapping, phase switching and pure bypassing... truly an embarrassment of riches if you are into it.

Please let us know what you think as both a LP noob and someone coming into the new lineup, how you find the QC and what you like, don't etc. as I think many will be looking at the new Classic...

Also, what do you think of the 61 Burstbuckers?

Enjoy!

Les Paul Forum Member

Welcome , There is nothing Like a Gibson Les Paul . Play her and enjoy yourself and rock out !!!

Nice! Hope you enjoy it. Those seem to be the newer rendition of previous years LP Trad Pros (II, III. 3T, IV, etc.) Excellent LPs
    "I am the kind of guy that only buys 100 watt heads just to play at home. I feel like if an amp can't kill a heard of cattle 100 yards away what is the point of owning it."

That's great news but got any better pics so we can enjoy it too? Congrats!

Even when you're done playng them for the moment, they're just so much God damn fun to look at! Congratulations... more pics please.
    snag...
    just play.

Noice! Welcome to the Darkside™©Ω!

Les Paul Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    I love that response , Best Post of the day !

Looks great! Enjoy

Les Paul Forum Member cincyguitar's Avatar

Congrats !...I always keep mine in the case or on a guitar stand so they wont fall over and break the head stock....

Cool1
    ----------------------------------------
    Using Mostly SG's and LP's into Mesa and Orange

Anderson Lake Blues Project 2019
    Anderson Lake Blues Project YouTube Playlist

Les Paul Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post

NO! Welcome into the light. Classics are a good transition coming from a Fender. Enjoy!

Badass

HNGD!!!!!!!
    I recently got the same model (2019 LP Classic Heritage Cherry Burst). I got mine on a trade deal from a guy who only had it for 2 months. He couldn't handle the weight.
    I only paid $900 and a PRS SE 245 for it!
    For comparison, I also have a 2016 Studio in Silver Pearl and a 2019 Traditional- a GC special run in Blueberry Burst.
    3 Authentic LPs.jpg

On all three of mine, the QC was impeccable.
    My Studio does the metal thing really good. The classic can cover just about anything and the Traditional, well, it does that absolutely lovely vintage LP tone thing.

Nice! Congrats, HNGD to the LPF, to the LP club and play her in good health!
    Midnight Blues