• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NVGD! My very own TURD 1957(?) LPJr

BSeneca

Congratulations! Enjoy it. I have a 58 and owned a 54. I would keep the Grover’s since they are already there. I have/had vintage tuners on both and although tuning stability isn’t an issue they are not very nice. Play the hell out of it!

The Shifter

I like it and there is a very rugged allure to her and to me that just reeks of TONE ! How does she play and sound ? Also guitars like yours look like they can tell a story from there past and how great would that be .

It plays and sounds amazing. It really just keeps unfolding for me.

The Shifter

I don't think the studs on these are original, and they may even be chrome plated.

Does anyone have any experience using the MojoAxe posts as a replacement on vintage?

none2low

I don't think the studs on these are original, and they may even be chrome plated.

Does anyone have any experience using the MojoAxe posts as a replacement on vintage?

I don't have experience with the MojoAxe, but as an alternative you might give the Kluson KWRAPAL-N a look. This is the version with steel studs. I've used these to upgrade from the heavier Gibson zamak bridges. Nice plating, lightweight, no lean and they sound good.

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
I know everyone will be shocked by this....I LOVE IT!:yah