• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1993 Studio

PRC

Hello, all. Just joined the forums, but I've been a long-time lurker.

My wife just gave me the stellar gift of a Les Paul Studio, and I can't for the life of me find accurate info or anything else on this guitar. Can you guys help?

The serial places it as a 12/31/1993 build in Nashville. The color is gorgeous and has light flaming; it looks like a lemon burst at the right angle. I know the TP-6 tailpiece is not original - don't know about the zebra pickups (I can pull them out tomorrow and have a look).

Doesn't have any pickguard holes and the hardware if chrome, so I know it's not a Premium Plus, but the top doesn't look like a standard studio. Tuners are Kluson Deluxe and look original. Fingerboard looks like rosewood, and I know that most 1993s were ebony. Further confusion comes from the fact that this has coil taps (i.e., push pull pots on the volume knobs). I have to assume that is an add-on.

Any insights that you may have are much appreciated! Thanks!

4.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg5.jpg

WytLytnyn

I've got my eye on a couple of 1993-1998 LP Studios on the interwebs that I'm contemplating pulling the trigger on. Great guitars if treated semi-decently over their lives. Due to their affordability, its clear (from what I've seen locally and online) that many were "loved" as "utility" guitars. While I don't mind a guitar with real patina from a hard life (sometimes they sound and play well), others need closet queens.

Congrats on the axe. Play loud and carry on.

Trans-Am

................well by looking at the pics and by what you are describing? It looks like a hacked up regular run LP Studio during the period.:peace2

ej.

Nice Studio. It seems to look like it's newer than a 93. Could you post the serial number by chance? just x out the last three numbers.