• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2019 Gibson Les Paul Special in TV Yellow: Limited Run?

McKeever

Hi all:

Like many of you, I suspect, I watched the January/February 2019 videos from the 2019 NAMM show etc. and got interested in Gibson's back-to-original theme. In particular, I took an interest in the 2019 TV Yellow Les Paul Special, because it had a translucent yellow finish that showed the grain (Gibson has been using opaque yellow paint in recent iterations of the special) and a formed tailpiece/bridge that improves on the intonation of the original '55-'58 single-cutaways.

The 2019 Juniors were particularly attractive too, because - apart from improving the tailpiece/bridge - Gibson appears to have made a replica from the 50s.

So, here's my question: Were the 2019 TV Yellow Specials and 2019 Tobacco Burst Les Paul Juniors actually limited runs (issued only to gin-up interest in Gibson's new back-to-original philosophy), or were there a lot produced for 2019? Will we be seeing more for 2020?

wmachine

Hi all:

Like many of you, I suspect, I watched the January/February 2019 videos from the 2019 NAMM show etc. and got interested in Gibson's back-to-original theme. In particular, I took an interest in the 2019 TV Yellow Les Paul Special, because it had a translucent yellow finish that showed the grain (Gibson has been using opaque yellow paint in recent iterations of the special) and a formed tailpiece/bridge that improves on the intonation of the original '55-'58 single-cutaways.

The 2019 Juniors were particularly attractive too, because - apart from improving the tailpiece/bridge - Gibson appears to have made a replica from the 50s.

So, here's my question: Were the 2019 TV Yellow Specials and 2019 Tobacco Burst Les Paul Juniors actually limited runs (issued only to gin-up interest in Gibson's new back-to-original philosophy), or were there a lot produced for 2019? Will we be seeing more for 2020?

I take it you have not looked at the latest Gibson site? First of all, apparently Gibson is getting away from model year associations. And those are both shown under the "Original Collection". There is no mention of limited production, nor any reason to believe they are or will be limited.

Last edited: