• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Checking In with my favorite Gibson.ES335 Pro

maxcarp709

I have been lurking a long time but I finally had to register after seeing so much cool stuff here.Here is my 1980 ES335 Pro I have had for 25 yrs or so.A while back I swapped the Dirty Fingers pups out for some Duncans,a JB and a Jazz.It was a perfect combination for me.It plays like a dream.
64431844_2538138339549969_1916869618174001152_n.jpg

Last edited:

maxcarp709

When I had the Duncans put in I was not even thinking about that,I was just so glad to get the Dirty Fingers pups out and get some pups I could work with.Ever since I got the guitar,I could not get the DF pups to work for me.I just could not find a Sweet Spot at stage volume,which is not that loud since I play mostly Blues and Classic Rock.If I cranked them up too much the guitar would howl with feedback,and if I dialed them back it did not sound good.The Duncans made me fall in Love with the guitar all over again.I think putting the DF pups in an ES335 is a really BAD idea.In a solid body guitar like an SG or a Firebird they are probably great if you want to peel the paint off the walls.I do know somebody like the DF pups,since I got $200 or so for them on FeeBay.