• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Anyone gig with a 59 bassman?

Big Al

I used a reissue 59 Bassman LTD until I got my first issue 57 Twin Reissue. Still have 'em. Depending on gig and room I'd use both or in smaller rooms the Twin, (it sounds better than Bassman with lower vol settings), turned down with a Tube Screamer or Soul Food for overdrive

The Bassman LTD sounds great with or without pedals.

BurstWurst

Back in the mid 80s, in Hollywood, my standard rig was a 52 tele -> cord -> 59 Bassman and occasionally a 59 Burst. Those were the days, when we all played LOUD! Had a Buddy (Paul Warren) who played the same circuit with a Burst (or Explorer) and a tweed Twin. Good Times!

Big Al

Back in the mid 80s, in Hollywood, my standard rig was a 52 tele -> cord -> 59 Bassman and occasionally a 59 Burst. Those were the days, when we all played LOUD! Had a Buddy (Paul Warren) who played the same circuit with a Burst (or Explorer) and a tweed Twin. Good Times!

Yup.

I ended up using a tweed Blues Jr the last few years I was active. No complaints.