• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Lovely New ES-275

nsureit

Just took possession of this wonderful ES-275 Memphis Custom, 2018 model, sunset burst. I am delighted, so far. Going to put Thomastik GB112 George Benson flat wounds on it tonight.

I play in a jazz trio, but I think I can rock with this in our 60s band, as well.

Anyone else have experience with this lesser known Gibson hollow body?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

VamboRool

I've just recently started looking at this model, it has a vintage vibe that Gibson has missed on some of their other new designs. Can't decide if I like the Custom version like yours or the Standard version that has the split parallelogram fingerboard inlays. Give us an update after you have had the time to bond with it.

jb_abides

I play in a jazz trio, but I think I can rock with this in our 60s band, as well.

I come from the opposite school of thought. Wanted something to blend from rock to jazz, mores that an ES-330 with P-90s, or ES-3x5 which is total intersection, without having an L5CES. And with a more manageable depth.

This is one of Mike Voltz's imaginative excursions, and I like it a lot. Have a black Custom, and I think it's quite a good showcase platform for the MHS buckers.

Here's a thread with a video with Mike Voltz talking about them...

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?203624-2017-Memphis-offerings-Mike-Voltz

jb_abides

I've just recently started looking at this model, it has a vintage vibe that Gibson has missed on some of their other new designs. Can't decide if I like the Custom version like yours or the Standard version that has the split parallelogram fingerboard inlays. Give us an update after you have had the time to bond with it.

They are both equally appealing to me. The Standard in Gold or even Rose works (I have too many Pelham Blue guitars so...). Also the limited Gold City with Sparkling Burgundy top is kinda cool.

Good Luck! :salude