• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

SOURCE FOR CUSTOM SHOP NYLON NUT

bigsteve

Where does Gibson Custom Shop source their nylon nuts from?

I need the same nut as on my 2014 Custom Shop LP.

Thx!

bigsteve

Someone here just told me about him the other day! Thx for the link!

El Gringo

Sometimes you feel like a nut ( I actually need a nylon nut ) Almond Joys got nuts , Mounds don't . Thanks for posting the info about Historic Makeovers .

TM1

Rand's Nylon nuts are Great! He sent me some to try out about 2-3 years back and they're really nice! I have worked on guitars for the last 44 years and nuts can be a real pain to make from scratch. His CNC nuts are perfect. You may need to file a little off the sides as no two Gibson's have ever had the same exact width at the nut. Always slight variances.. but the neck is usually hand finished..

bigsteve

Gibson won't sell you a nut?

No, Gibson didn't offer to sell me a nylon nut.

Also, Gibson wouldn't reveal where they source their nylon nuts from (proprietary info they told me).

PS: I'd prefer to use a Gibson spec Nylon nut because I know from experience that they sound great and keep my 2014 Custom Shop LP in perfect tune with ZERO issues

TM1

No, Gibson didn't offer to sell me a nylon nut.

Also, Gibson wouldn't reveal where they source their nylon nuts from (proprietary info they told me).

PS: I'd prefer to use a Gibson spec Nylon nut because I know from experience that they sound great and keep my 2014 Custom Shop LP in perfect tune with ZERO issues

Rand's look exactly like the original Gibson nuts. Sorry, but Nylon 6 is Nylon 6. I don't know if anyone other than Dupont makes Nylon..

bigsteve

Rand's look exactly like the original Gibson nuts. Sorry, but Nylon 6 is Nylon 6. I don't know if anyone other than Dupont makes Nylon..

No apology necessary lol!

Thx for sharing:peace2