• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Top 10 Most OverRated Guitarists

Foggy72

This video is sure to bring the outrage. A lot of blasphemy in here, but I mostly agree with his choices.

Let the fun begin:

brandtkronholm

From the video:

10 Zakk Wylde
9 The Edge
8 Kirk Hammett
7 Slash
6 Ace
5 Joe Perry
4 Jack White
3 Santana
2 Clapton
1 Hendrix

That's right, Hendrix is the most overrated guitarist with Clapton 2nd.

facepalm.gif

deytookerjaabs

Get ready everyone, I'm gonna blow your mind here cause I'm like so contrarian so you should sit down: ______insert uneducated "shocking" POV ______ rinse recycle.

That's the big thing these days for people making a buck on the monetized video/audio channels on the 'net. Clickbait crap from half breeds.

Zentar

I've seen Joe Perry live several times over the decades. I thought he was always an amazing live player. I don't think he plays like anybody else.

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
No good can come of this -- these are all very good to excellent guitarists, most of whom have been in bands that have brought decades of joy to their audiences. Jimmy Page was pretty sloppy post-'75 with Zeppelin; that doesn't take away from the incredible music his band recorded.

ourmaninthenorth

What's that old adage?

Arseholes are like opinions, or some such.

I offer this observation without watching the video; yes, I'm that good.

:fc

garywright

I feel there’s two deserving ones on that list but the other eight :bigal

sonar

The guy doesn't even deserve the miniscule traction the LPF can offer. Looking at his overall YT views he doesn't even register as much digital influence as a gnat during a weekend BBQ.

Triburst

Didn't watch it, but I know that guy's full of stupid.

This is what happened as they "monetized" YouTube videos.

Now, it's just another venue to get Click-Bait.

MeHereNow

Alan barnes will be hit by a sudden lightning streak when Clapton is done viewing that video.

J T

Same here. I didn't watch it so he won't get a YouTube penny from my curiosity click.

Another YouTube wannabe trying to make money for being stupid.

Does it seem like people getting dumber?

Thundermtn

How can someone be over rated at art?

It's just more video troll money grabbing.

Ability to play fast is a thing but it's not necessarily what anyone wants to listen to for an extended amount of time.

I don't like Clapton, the Edge is all FX, Perry's tone on Sweet Emotion is one of the best tone's in rock history, it's all opinion. There is no "wrong/right" to art.

F-Hole

Kirk at #8, I wonder how many triple platinum riffs the reviewer has written......or whether he's played in front of a million plus at a single gig.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
To make this list, someone must be highly rated in the first place. :hmm

Pat Boyack

Fucking click bait. This guy is a total ass. Thanks to Brand for posting the list so I didn't have to watch this vid.

Is this guy on this forum? I hope so.....

mingus

Kirk at #8, I wonder how many triple platinum riffs the reviewer has written......or whether he's played in front of a million plus at a single gig.

:hee . . . let alone 50 people.

Nope, I’m not falling for that click bait.

dalezjc

Some jamoke has an opinion. So what? I watch a lot of guitar youtube channels and I've never heard of this guy.

Dale