• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD 1963 Gibson SG jr

RR82

http://[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/f27ceo.jpg[/IMG]
521c82ee-aaac-4051-8618-a7796171c29e

RR82

Guess I should have said les Paul Jr. Forgot to add that. :salude[video]
35jz02b.jpg
[/video]

fernieite

I hate you... :biggrin:

If I didn't owe the taxman right now, this would be on my want list.

How does it sound and feel? Is the neck fairly slim? How much does it weigh? etc. etc...:peace2

RR82

I hate you... :biggrin:

If I didn't owe the taxman right now, this would be on my want list.

How does it sound and feel? Is the neck fairly slim? How much does it weigh? etc. etc...:peace2

Oh man it’s a monster. Sounds great and organic. The neck is very large, biggest I’ve played to be honest. Just makes it feel like a battle axe! :dude:

latestarter

Very cool. I have the same guitar. The neck is truly massive. Feels like my ‘76 LE Explorer....maybe even bigger. Larger than any R8 I’ve played.

funny, mine also has a MojoAxe guard. Looks awesome.

congrats.

cincyguitar

Congrats...at one time I almost bought one...for $550....then a few years later they are priced over $4000 or morekick myself for not buying it back then....:dang

latestarter

Congrats...at one time I almost bought one...for $550....then a few years later they are priced over $4000 or morekick myself for not buying it back then....:dang

I could see that happening and I grabbed two at $1200 each. Sold the '64 two years ago for a lot more. Actually, that '64 had the best neck of any guitar I've played ever.

mingus

Nice score!

I’ve had my ‘63 for 5 or 6 years and it’s a snarling monster with a big neck! These are some of the best values in the vintage guitar market IMHO.

Rock on!

renderit

A while back I bought a '62 at GC they had marked as a 63 so I got it cheap.

The sound out of it is PURE 80's rock!

The pickup is a monster and easily the best P90 in my stable.

These are REALLY fine beasts. People would do very well looking and playing these.

Vastly under-rated IMO.

Progrocker111

I have had nearly identical early 64 one, with very big and wide neck (even near nut). Perhaps the best SG i have ever played, with very big and open tone, with that unmistakeable P90 gritty texture. Very underrated guitars... :dude: