• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2019 Historic Weird ABR1?

BurstPipe

:wow OK last year's has some contrived edges but you could at least argue with that one that they were going for an original spec (even if the originals didn't turn out that way). But this?

I love my 2018 and would sell anything before I had to sell that one but there were a few strange things they did on that too.

1) Knob pointers seriously blunt
2) keystone tuner knobs too transparent for my liking
3) upper bout strap button screw same as bottom strap button screw instead of being a smaller one

That new bridge though! It's as if someone got it wrong but they didn't want to hold up production. A serious concern is whether there is enough metal there. Am I being hard here?

Another view is that I like the yearly quirks. I have put my wired ABR-1 back on my 2003 and have learned to embrace the body and neck carve, and different plastics colors.

Last edited:

Gold Tone

I’m seeing more like this lately

Seems to be a trend at Gibson now