• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

PAF Pickup Secrets: What Makes a PAF a P.A.F.?

jwalker

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
We did a video for the ThroBak Guitar Lounge youtube channel that gives a rundown of many of the details that define a P.A.F. pickup and a P.A.F. repro by taking apart a pickup piece by piece. It includes info that should help people in finding out if they may have a vintage P.A.F. pickup. I hope you enjoy it.

mdubya

I really enjoy these videos, Jon. Thanks for doing them. :yah

JPP-1

I really enjoy these videos, Jon. Thanks for doing them. :yah

I do too but come on guys, you’re not in a “Pep Boys” commercial, what’s with the matching shirts. This is rock-n-roll after all, not the man’s music.

jwalker

Les Paul Forum Sponsor
I do too but come on guys, you’re not in a “Pep Boys” commercial, what’s with the matching shirts. This is rock-n-roll after all, not the man’s music.

Weird you think that, I get repeat emails requesting that I offer the shirts for sale on the ThroBak website. Personally I never thought of an auto mechanic as “the man”.