• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

D Day in Normandy 75th Anniversary - Lest we forget

The Who Smash

We are here today enjoying our freedom because of the courage and heroism of those who came before us. Spend a few minutes on youtube educating yourself if you are young and in reverence if you are older. Thanks to all those from America, Britain, Canada, France, Australia and all the other countries who gave their lives for us.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HhteN0g6qf8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jeff West

I'm fortunate in having been able to talk about with a few participants/eyewitnesses who were on the beach. One returned there for the 60th Anniversary, which was difficult but rewarding. But the window for that is rapidly closing, suddenly it's 75 years. Important that people do not forget.

SpencerD

I was at the D-Day 75th Anniversary Ceremony at the D-Day Memorial in Bedford,VA.

They did a roll call for the surviving veterans who were in attendance. Not many men. As a combat veteran myself it was a very important and special day in my life.Much respect.

ourmaninthenorth

The day belongs to the Veterans.

They have something to say worth listening to.

Thanks Lads, all.

:salude:salude:salude

J.D.

What an ugly chapter in the history of the modern world.

Most of these allied soldiers were young men. They went to a strange place to fight for innocent people who they did not know against the tyranny of evil men.

It's tough to comprehend what they experienced that day.

SpencerD

I personally saw active duty military people ask the people with the vendor type tents -- like maybe 8'x10' or 10'x12' if they could borrow them to shade the vets because it was really hot. Every vendor said hell yes.They broke them down,toted them over to the old guys and the old guys politely declined.

Life changing.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
.--- . .- -. / .... .- ... / .- / .-.. --- -. --. / -- ..- ... - .- -.-. .... . .-.-.- / .--- . .- -. / .... .- ... / .- / .-.. --- -. --. / -- ..- ... - .- -.-. .... .