• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

PRRI Speaker damage

MSN001

I’m swapping out my Jenson C10R speaker today for an Eminence SC64. I used a plastic pallet knife to break the seal between the Jensen and the baffle as it was stuck and in the process I damaged the dense cardboard type material running around the perimeter of the speaker face that was touching the baffle. Some of the material ripped off, it appears to be made in layers, about an inch length of the first layer come off, about 1/32 thick. Will this be a problem if I want to use the speaker again? I have zero knowledge of speakers so all advice appreciated! I’d provide a picture but I can’t work out how to do this url thing on an iPhone. Cheers

PaulD

It's just the mounting gasket and won't have any adverse effect on the speaker. If you have the piece that ripped off you can glue it back on but not really necessary and the speaker will work fine without it.