• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Heavy Duty, Baby...

Dale

Mine 17 Trad T weighs in at 10 lbs even as I recall. I do not mind playing it standing for 3-4 at a time when practicing. I usually take a break about then for other reasons. I actually feel somewhat comforted by the feel.

Lpabp1.jpg

sonar

My degenerative cervical disc just twinged when I read that auction.

cincyguitar

My 17 Trad is 10lbs or over too.....but its worth it to get that great sound from it...:dude:

high_lander

Had to switch to lighter guitars. The new Studio I got has the modern weight relief and is nice to play. 2 hour rehearsals on a Thursday night and another 2 hour rehearsal Sunday morning then two services following that for church, I cant do the 10 pounders anymore.

jrgtr42

12.5, oof.
I have a Heritage H150 that's about 10.5 lbs. I have a heavy-duty, 3" leather strap on it, and I still can't play it for much more than 30 - 45 minutes. My back and shoulder complain for a couple days after that. By contrast, my Les Paul is 8.5 - 9, and I can play that for hours, I have a thin Levy;s strap with a pad on that one.
This kinda reminds me of the one I played just before playing a Parker Fly for the first time, back early 90s or so. A LP Custom that had to be in that 12+ range, I hung that up, turned around and saw the Parker, went to pick it up and damn near threw it through the ceiling.

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
The most amazing heavy guitar story I've ever heard was Jerry Garcia's guitar Tiger, built by Doug Irwin, which he played exclusively at hundreds of shows. It weighed 14 lbs...:spabout