• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

System of a Down toxicity tone

Shirond

System of a Down toxicity era pickups/tone

Title says it all I’ve heard so many things from Duncan distortions to Gibson 498/500t but after having both they really don’t nail it the DD jazz combo comes close but I don’t know I haven’t tried it through a dual rec which is what he used live during that time so that might be it but I did try it through a mini rectifier and marshal 800s/Plexi any ideas? Idk if this is the wrong section to post this in if it is please let me now I’m a newbie. I think there custom designed or the fact that it’s a baritone guitar can affect it that much but if any pros out there can tell me what they think that would be real helpful. Easy vids for the tone I’m talking about is his rock am ring 2002 performances and pink pop 2002 also the reading 2001 one is pretty close. I know for sure he used a Duncan jazz in the neck and he used to use the distortion in the bridge but I feel like there is more bass in the pickup he’s using in those performances. If y’all want me to post a link to the vids let me know

Last edited:

Shirond

DA434603-9376-4527-A62E-C0F6500436AF.jpgDA434603-9376-4527-A62E-C0F6500436AF.jpgOh also the best version in my
opinion where you can here the guitar tone is looking for is the rock IM park 2002 video on YouTube. Dear Dance you can really hear it but that specific concert I think the guitar is turned up a bit more on that one compared to pink pop and rock am park. Anyways hope someone can help thanks in advance

Shiron

Last edited: