• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1958 ES 335 & 2014 "Rich Robinson" ES 335

MythvsCraft

Hello friends!

Some time ago I shared video of my friend Phil Hurley playing and talking about his Les Paul Goldtops and comparing his hollow (and semi-hollow) body guitars.

Last week we shot another video, this time showcasing an original '58 335. Phil and his bandmate Chris played the guitar and compared it to Phil's main guitar: a 2014 "Rich Robinson" 335.

They both played the guitars through the same, custom Category 5 amps.

The new video is available here:

Last edited:

TM1

Great sounding guitars! I do think that the Rich Robinson pickups aren't as clear as the original PAF's, of course it could just be what the guitar's giving to the pickups and the older `58 had more clarity since the woods have dried and the Hide Glue has crystalized bonding the woods together.
Thanks! BTW, the Rich Robinson is a wonderful sounding guitar! But it's 61 years old and the RR is only 5 years old..

MythvsCraft

Thank you for the kinds words.

Chris and Phil are a pleasure to work with. They know their stuff, they're generous and they can play​!