The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Very cool reference material - vintage Gibson electronics, Kluson and Grover Tuners!

Our very own Rick Norman has provided the attached reference materials for all of you vintage Gibson fans - amazing detail, only available here on the LPF! Thanks Rick!

Gibson Vintage Electrical Components: http://www.rickn-guitars.com/electri...ectricals.html

Gibson Vintage Kluson Tuners: http://www.rickn-guitars.com/tuners/kluson_ref.html

Gibson Vintage Grover Tuners: http://www.rickn-guitars.com/tuners/grover_ref.html

Last edited by MikeSlub; 05-28-19 at 09:43 AM.
    Mike Slubowski

* "Gibson guitars are like potato chips - you can't have just one!"

* "So many Gibsons to love, so little time..."

Les Paul Forum Member

Re: Very cool reference material - vintage Gibson electronics, Kluson and Grover Tune

fantastic details and pix, thanks

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator CDaughtry's Avatar

Re: Very cool reference material - vintage Gibson electronics, Kluson and Grover Tune

Fantastic detailed information.

Les Paul Forum Member Tubes 'n Wood's Avatar

Thank You Very Much!!
    T 'n W

"Lemme' 'splain you Lucy. The 5e3 circuit... Has a fat ass. Like a '57 chevy. She likes to talk dirty... 5e3's are like that. I start at turning. Ever thang up to six. Above that approaches. Wettern' a shampoo'd water buffalo territory. Slap that ass. And pull her hair. With a Les Paul. And p90's. They like to be liking that. When it comes to tweed deluxes. It's not about. When you are sick and tired. Of her shit. It's about. Does she have a sister?" Texas Blues 1/22/19

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator CDaughtry's Avatar

Mike,

We may want to consider making these "stickies" in the Vintage Les Paul area. Such a wealth of information.

Thanks Rick!

Quote Originally Posted by CDaughtry View Post
    Mike,

We may want to consider making these "stickies" in the Vintage Les Paul area. Such a wealth of information.

Thanks Rick!
    Charlie: Done!
    Mike Slubowski

* "Gibson guitars are like potato chips - you can't have just one!"

* "So many Gibsons to love, so little time..."

Great that this info is again available - thanks much to Rick and Mike.

For the Kluson page two additional variants can be added - double line, single ring (1965-1969) w the Kluson stamp ('version 7A'), and the same but with a Gibson stamp (1969-1974, 'version 8A').

These variants were used (maybe exclusively, I dunno) for ES-345 guitars, which never went to the double ring Klusons - for some strange reason.

Les Paul Forum Member fernieite's Avatar

Yep, thanks guys. It's great to have this info back! Excellent work!

The info and detail are exceptionally good! I have used these before when confirming correct era components.

on the middle & bridge pickup of my L.P. Custom

I have a set of Grover's on my LP Special(a `59) that have "Gibson" stamped on them instead of Grover. They were NOS and in the original Gibson/Grover Rotomatic box from 1959

Les Paul Forum Member
    Out here on the perimeter, stoned/immaculate

Very cool!
    A smile relieves a heart that grieves.