• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Very cool reference material - vintage Gibson electronics, Kluson and Grover Tuners!

MikeSlub

Administrator
Last edited:

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Mike,

We may want to consider making these "stickies" in the Vintage Les Paul area. Such a wealth of information.

Thanks Rick!

Arch D. Bunker

Great that this info is again available - thanks much to Rick and Mike.

For the Kluson page two additional variants can be added - double line, single ring (1965-1969) w the Kluson stamp ('version 7A'), and the same but with a Gibson stamp (1969-1974, 'version 8A').

These variants were used (maybe exclusively, I dunno) for ES-345 guitars, which never went to the double ring Klusons - for some strange reason.

fernieite

Yep, thanks guys. It's great to have this info back! Excellent work! :yah

T.Allen

The info and detail are exceptionally good! I have used these before when confirming correct era components. :salude

TM1

I have a set of Grover's on my LP Special(a `59) that have "Gibson" stamped on them instead of Grover. They were NOS and in the original Gibson/Grover Rotomatic box from 1959

Sol

The quality of the images combined with detailed descriptive info is much appreciated.
I vote this be made a 'sticky'.

GeraintGuitar

Fantastic! Very important point made on the so called "modern wiring vs 50's wiring " , you gotta try em both.

Don

It's good to see this info again! Thanks!

tybone

Great stuff. Thanks for the links. Can't help but think the links below apply to me. I mean what kinda person actually likes this kind of stuff?

Unplugged

Studio Version