• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Which pickguard for 2005 Les Paul Melody Maker?

Widowman

First, sorry for posting a new topic if this info is already elsewhere on the forum. A quick couple of searches didn’t find what I was looking for so instead of frustrating myself, I figured I would seek the help of forum members.

Widowman

I recently acquired a 2005 Les Paul Melody Maker. It is in basically new condition. I was torn between putting some pick rash on the guitar or drilling 3 holes into the surface. I figure in the long run adding a pickguard will keep the guitar in better condition (although the worn long seems popular). From what I have been able to find, it looks like it will be using a LP junior pickguard.

Can anyone tell me the right one, maybe a quality one,provide a link for one?

The guitar is black, so, I think white would look good. Maybe even a 3 ply with black as the center ply. Are there any pros or cons to single vs 3ply guards?

Any my advice on the installation would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance for any info.

WM

Widowman

Well, I left Paul an email but haven’t heard back from him. I realize that maybe the holiday weekend is slowing the response,but, there have been 2-3 days since the holiday.
Anyone else have a suggestion as to where to pick one up?