• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Pickup & Mic Combining Signals, help please.

jamesbowers

I just got a Myers the Feather mic pickup (It is a clip on mic powered by batteries that goes on instruments). I would like to use this into a guitar input on an amp. However, it is a mic signal. So, if I understand correctly, I need to convert the low z mic output to a high z guitar signal. Is there a simple way to do this? Is there any kind of reverse DI? I have looked around, and can't find much.

I also run another acoustic with an LR Baggs Anthem. Could I just get a Boss RC30 and plug the Feather mic into it, and the anthem into the other channel and use that to convert my signal to be ready for the guitar amp?

I appreciate any and all advice.

PaulD

I couldn't find any technical specs for the Myers pickup that show what the output impedance of the preamp unit is so it might be worth trying it straight into the amp first as it may work OK. Failing that you would probably need something like the Shure A85F, this is a small line matching transformer mounted in a jack plug adapter and is designed for plugging a low impedance mic (XLR) into a high impedance input such as a guitar amp.

https://www.shure.co.uk/products/accessories/microphones-accessories/a85f

J T

Are you going to an acoustic guitar amp? An amp for electric guitar will distort at high voulme. Do you want your acoustic guitar to distort like an electric?

Get an acoustic guitar amp or a preamp and go straight into the pa or board.