• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Kossoff Burst Photos From Reunion 2019

Fried okra

Charlie and Shari met my wife and I in Houston for a killer ZZ Top/Bad Company/Cheaptrick weekend. Due to the Kossoff Burst, Paul Rodgers and Simon Kirke reunion being covered by Guitar Magazine we can't share all the pics until the article is released. But thanks to Charlie, we have some killer photos for the magazine. Here are some random shots by all of us, plus some good sunny photos Charlie took out back of the hotel Sunday morning. I must say, we did get some funny looks from the passer by'ers. Had a great time with great friends.

67blackcherry

That's awesome!

Question - if you're traveling with that guitar, why not utilize a chainsaw case or something similar, to save wear and tear from the original case, or does it not matter?

Fried okra

That's awesome!

Question - if you're traveling with that guitar, why not utilize a chainsaw case or something similar, to save wear and tear from the original case, or does it not matter?

I usually do transport it in a protector case. But in this case, no pun intended, the original case was nearly as important as the guitar to the reunion. :salude

ourmaninthenorth

Great to see you keeping this guitar's flame alive Kris.

Terrific pictures.

Many thanks for sharing your trip.

:salude

SpencerD

Very cool. :dude:

It's nice to see Rick looking happy and healthy. His parents owned a music store when he was a teenager.....do the math on his age......uh...yeah there was nice stuff then.:laugh2: That guy knows guitars for sure.

EDIT --- After a li'l more perusal of the first photo it looks to me there is another photo,above the headstock on the table --- That's Paul and Simon on a couch with that guitar isn't it?

You and Simon on a couch with it currently. Very nice.

Last edited:

J.D.

Another great thread and story. Thanks for sharing :jim

c_wester

Would be really nice to hear a looong clip of you putting this guitar through its paces.

TM1

Nice, Thanks! Howard still playing guitar in Bad Co.?
How's Mick Ralphs recovery coming?

Fried okra

Nice, Thanks! Howard still playing guitar in Bad Co.?
How's Mick Ralphs recovery coming?

Yes, he is. Not sure how Micks recovery is going. MAybe someone will chime in that knows. :salude

mdubya

Thank you both for sharing these photos and experiences.

Much appreciated!