• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Questionable burst on reverb...

troyad

So, aside from it not being a cali girl case, what else is obviously questionable?

fred dons

So, aside from it not being a cali girl case, what else is obviously questionable?

you can read in the appraisal from Gruhn that there are things not being correct (tuners, nut, refinish, and ink based upon the tiny pic that the Gibson logo is not a 50ties logo )
+ the fact that he states in the appraisal that it is based on Pictures only so basically worthless if you want to prove it is a real 58

ourmaninthenorth

I fail to find any merit whatsoever in Mr Gruhn's practice of offering these "appraisals". They are in essence more exclusion clause than anything else.

They literally aren't worth the paper they are written on, a fact clearly stated by the thing itself.

musekatcher

I fail to find any merit whatsoever in Mr Gruhn's practice of offering these "appraisals". They are in essence more exclusion clause than anything else.

They literally aren't worth the paper they are written on, a fact clearly stated by the thing itself.

That's the cheap ones, like $25. He will do an authentication for a lot more cash.

Maxmc

No mention or photo of a serial number. Bloody good nick for a nearly 60 year old guitar, almost too good. My old burst was a 59 spec 60, one of what some call the double Os. It was pretty clean, but nothing like this.
srkkxhscnqodpvc3mwbc.jpg

mistersnappy

No mention or photo of a serial number. Bloody good nick for a nearly 60 year old guitar, almost too good. My old burst was a 59 spec 60, one of what some call the double Os. It was pretty clean, but nothing like this.
srkkxhscnqodpvc3mwbc.jpg

That dark area along the binding by the pup selector switch is nice.

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
Reverb seller is real piece of work. Insisting case is Cali girl because of the color. :bigal

PabloHarlem

If a burst in that condition really existed it would be known by now or have a real complete back story with photos, original owner....

IMHO :hmm