• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Custom Joe Perry "Goldrush" Les Paul Axcess

RnR13

Well, I haven't seen too much talk online about these single pickup, Wilkinson tremolo, gold top Les Pauls yet. I know it's probably going to be either a love or hate perspective on these, but does anyone have one or plan on getting one? I'm gonna grab one myself in the near future.

class5lp

I have one and all I can say it is a killer guitar. The tone and playability are off the hook. I love the special heel carve of the neck and believe it or not you can get a bunch a different tones out of this thing even with one pickup. The Wilkinson trem stays in tune and the roller nut helps. I think Joe/Gibson got it spot on especially for playing live and gigging. Huge but very comfortable neck and belly carve on the back of the body is cool and they are ultra light but not chambered. Other than Gibson doing a very poor job of marketing and not even announcing this model until after they shipped I got no complaints. In the video Joe explains that he thinks these guitars are more throatier without all the wiring and I would agree.

25 aged signed/125 aged for the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MiWWDysaG0