• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

WMD Geiger Counter Pro - super versatile fuzz, overdrive, distortion, etc

magicGrailLog

The Geiger Counter Pro (GCPro) from WMD is super awesome. Period! WMD also sells 2 cheaper & similar pedals (Civilian Issue & the Standard), however please trust me you are better off getting the GCPro (even though it costs slightly more) for the reasons below. To my ears it seems to do everything (have had it for a couple weeks & have already found these sounds listed here): just about all 1950s/60s/70s/etc type fuzz, 80s arcade blip fuzz, octave fuzz, brass/horn fuzz, smooth fuzz, splattery fuzz, radio fuzz, overdrive, treble boost, distortion (light to the heaviest), ring mod, etc. I'm selling my Fat Fuzz Factory & potentially several other pedals because the GCPro is: 1) super-versatile, 2) easy-peasy to dial in (99% of everything I dial in seems to sound awesome - this is what I hated with the Fat Fuzz Factory), 3) is stage ready & saves 16 presets available via the "UP TO NEXT PRESET" or the "DOWN TO PREVIOUS PRESET" foot buttons, 4) has a vst/midi plugin which I easily setup with my reaper daw (the plugin controls everything on the pedal except for maybe the master volume & such), 5) has a wet/dry mix, 6) has an analog/digital mix, 7) has a filter, 8) is super-small for everything it does, and 9) is well-built.

I've been searching for such a pedal like the GCPro for about 4 years, and originally wanted a Paul Trombetta pedal, however I think he got super busy & never called me up after I added my name to the super long wait list. I have 3 Basic Audio pedals & the Blackout Effectors Special Twosome Deluxe, all of which are simply awesome & versatile pedals, however for me they're not as versatile as the GCPro (it'll break my heart to get rid of them if I ever decide to do that).

Cheers!

magicGrailLog

One other note...I just bought the pedal used from Prymaxe for a big discount & love it & wanted to share so maybe someone else can benefit. I am in no way affiliated with WMD.

renderit

I will listen to some of the web movies on this one. A few dials there. Not for the timid.