• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD - Gibson Les Paul Special 2019 - TV Yellow

mdubya

I got one of these mid-December as an early Christmas gift to myself. I am very impressed by the fit and finish and build quality on mine. Nice chunky neck, beautiful see through TV finish with very nice visible grain. The fret board is unique looking and very finely finished, smoother than any Gibson I have had before. All it required from me was ever so slight dialing in of the action for personal preference. I like current standard Gibson P-90's and these are no different; great tones and dynamics, they go from super sweet to absolutely screaming.

Congrats OP and others.

Mine is a keeper.

Got a great deal from The Music Zoo, too. Excellent experience for me!

iWAOQnW.jpg

foG1WEi.jpg

v9iYR1a.jpg

vszT0yf.jpg

sunking101

I have one of these, 7.4 lbs, a lovely fat neck and wider fretboard than my other Gibsons. Just one problem however. The hardcase.
Does anyone else have an ill-fitting hardcase? The lid really needs pulling down with the clasps, it doesn't sit flush when it drops. None of my other Gibson cases are like this. It's like the slightly smaller case is a bit too small?

mdubya

I have one of these, 7.4 lbs, a lovely fat neck and wider fretboard than my other Gibsons. Just one problem however. The hardcase.
Does anyone else have an ill-fitting hardcase? The lid really needs pulling down with the clasps, it doesn't sit flush when it drops. None of my other Gibson cases are like this. It's like the slightly smaller case is a bit too small?

The only thing I have noticed with my case is that the logo appears to be spray painted on with a stencil, like something I would have cut out of notebook paper in high school. Quaint. I like it, but it got my attention.

hWTkgZC.jpg

Sombrero top

That's mouthwatering guitar. I just sold my 1991 Special - great sounding guitar but I did not bond with a skinny neck. So today I ordered this 2019 model!:hank

CK6

Congratulations! Those guitars are awesome & there is something so cool about that color..

Keefoman

Looks like a killer! To be honest, there's not much visible difference to my CS Special. In fact, the fretboard on yours is darker than mine, and I know most prefer that. I guess the neck is slimmer on yours, though. The neck profile on mine is pretty much identical to my R8, so quite chunky. Congratulations on a nice score! :salude

mdubya

Looks like a killer! To be honest, there's not much visible difference to my CS Special. In fact, the fretboard on yours is darker than mine, and I know most prefer that. I guess the neck is slimmer on yours, though. The neck profile on mine is pretty much identical to my R8, so quite chunky. Congratulations on a nice score! :salude

:dude:

I would call it an honest 50's neck. Not huge, but not the previous medium half round 50's necks on the USA models, either. I have an SG Classic and a pair of CS Firebirds that have chunky '64 style necks, and it is a little bit bigger than those. It blurs the lines pretty good between previous USA models and CS/Historic models, imho. :yah

gio

How are the frets on these and the new juniors? I felt the Custom Shop junior frets were too small.

mdubya

How are the frets on these and the new juniors? I felt the Custom Shop junior frets were too small.

I think these are vintage sized frets. I have a few guitars with this size fret, so it doesn't bother me, but my Firebirds and SG Classic have bigger frets. I have also had "fretless wonder" guitars that I couldn't get along with and these are much more playable than that.

sunking101

Medium jumbo according to Gibson but they feel like vintage. Lovely to play but my worry is that there is no material to work with for fret dressing down the line.

Sombrero top

Arrived today - and she's gorgeous. Almost flawless, nice darkish fretboard was bit dry, put some oil. Nice weight 8.37 lbs (3.8 kg). There's some upper fret buzz, I guess frets should be polished in the future. Here's some58_1.jpg pics.58_2.jpg
58_1.jpg

Last edited:

metropolis

Can you all stop posting these amazing pictures - I already have three Les Pauls, need a black Custom and now I have to add one of these to the list. My wife is going to kill me.

Great playing and sounds Sombrero Top. You've made me want one even more!