The Fender Forum
LPF Facebook Page
LPF Instagram Page
NEW Merchandise!
Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Please Make a Donation to the Les Paul Forum to Keep it Going!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 55 of 55
  1. #41

    Re: NGD - Gibson Les Paul Special 2019 - TV Yellow

    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrero top View Post
    Thanks guys! Here's another clip, if it helps you make a decision:

    http://www.saunalahti.fi/mavartia/Honky_Tonk_P90.mp3





    I am so happy with mine every time I pick it up!

  2. #42
    Les Paul Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Wales, U.K.
    Posts
    399

    Re: NGD - Gibson Les Paul Special 2019 - TV Yellow

    I just wanted to reassure those with rosewood boards that the shade of your fingerboard has nothing to do with the moisture content of your board.
    Pale brown to dark brown boards are identical, the shade is not an indication of your fingerboards health.

    Nether do darker boards have more 'oil' content than lighter shades..

    Should you detect shrinking accompanied by micro fractures on your board, then you have something to address.
    Other than this the colour shade is irrelevant to the viability of your guitar.

    I simply want to reassure those that may be vulnerable to eronius information that their guitars are perfectly fine.

    Finally, my 59 ri d/c special is a guitar I couldn't live without. P 90,s rock!

  3. #43
    Les Paul Forum Member bluesforstevie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Nellytown U. City MO
    Posts
    12,756

    Re: NGD - Gibson Les Paul Special 2019 - TV Yellow

    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrero top View Post
    Here's a clip with Special: neck pickup > middle > bridge > neck:

    http://www.saunalahti.fi/mavartia/LP_Special.mp3
    Killer! Amp?

  4. #44
    Les Paul Forum Member bluesforstevie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Nellytown U. City MO
    Posts
    12,756

    Re: NGD - Gibson Les Paul Special 2019 - TV Yellow

    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrero top View Post
    Thanks guys! Here's another clip, if it helps you make a decision:

    http://www.saunalahti.fi/mavartia/Honky_Tonk_P90.mp3
    Where's Keef? Lol. Sounds great man. Amp?

  5. #45
    Les Paul Forum Member Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    4,621

    Re: NGD - Gibson Les Paul Special 2019 - TV Yellow

    Just wait until it get's played a lot and reliced the natural way now.

    It will even be better looking new.
    Old WOOD Is Good WOOD !!!

  6. #46
    Les Paul Forum Member bluesforstevie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Nellytown U. City MO
    Posts
    12,756

    Re: NGD - Gibson Les Paul Special 2019 - TV Yellow

    Here's mine. 7.6 lbs. Plek'd and playing great. Sounds killer. Very happy with this guitar. The P90s are great but don't quite have the quack of the the old ones...say 52 to 54 but really good for the price. Yeah the case is not an easy closer for sure. But it works. Great guitar from Gibson USA.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bluesforstevie; 09-21-20 at 06:22 PM. Reason: qqqwwweq

  7. #47
    Les Paul Forum Member AA00475Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Some place between bad wood & good wood
    Posts
    2,782

    Re: NGD - Gibson Les Paul Special 2019 - TV Yellow

    Those are great guitars !!
    Ive never confused owning a bunch of high end gear with being some kind of a guitar player I'm a hack and I love guitars !

    The myth :The most disturbing thing about buying a fake Les Paul is how my research after the purchase is received by Forum members ??? 2020

    The Myth: Neat wiring layouts always equate to great-sounding amps.

    The Myth: If I would have lived with MOM & mooched till I was 48 I would play like Clapton !
    Think about it
    won't you ...... Please !

  8. #48
    Les Paul Forum Member bluesforstevie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Nellytown U. City MO
    Posts
    12,756

    Re: NGD - Gibson Les Paul Special 2019 - TV Yellow

    Quote Originally Posted by AA00475Bassman View Post
    Those are great guitars !!


  9. #49
    Les Paul Forum Member Sombrero top's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    60

    Re: NGD - Gibson Les Paul Special 2019 - TV Yellow

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesforstevie View Post
    Here's mine. 7.6 lbs. Plek'd and playing great. Sounds killer. Very happy with this guitar. The P90s are great but don't quite have the quack of the the old ones...say 52 to 54 but really good for the price. Yeah the case is not an easy closer for sure. But it works. Great guitar from Gibson USA.
    Looks great!
    It's all in the wrist.

  10. #50
    Les Paul Forum Member Sombrero top's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    60

    Re: NGD - Gibson Les Paul Special 2019 - TV Yellow

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesforstevie View Post
    Where's Keef? Lol. Sounds great man. Amp?
    Vox Tonelab modeller.
    It's all in the wrist.

  11. #51

    Re: NGD - Gibson Les Paul Special 2019 - TV Yellow

    Very nice! Congratulations!

  12. #52

    Re: NGD - Gibson Les Paul Special 2019 - TV Yellow

    Congrats and Sláinte!

  13. #53
    Les Paul Forum Member Cliff Gress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    3,019

    Re: NGD - Gibson Les Paul Special 2019 - TV Yellow

    I just purchased one of the new Specials. Build is excellent. P90s sound great. Neck is very similar to my 2010 R7.

  14. #54

    Re: NGD - Gibson Les Paul Special 2019 - TV Yellow

    I am a lefty, and wanted a P-90 guitar. And for emotional reasons i was set on a SC Junior from the originals collection. But SC Juniors in lefty are rare as hens teeth, while the Specials and SG JRs are bit more common for some reason. I was GASing, so at different times earlier this year I had a Special and a SG JR in a cart at different guitar sellers websites, with credit card out. Both times I chickened out before hitting the "BUY" button.

    Finally in Feb found a lefty SC Junior and decided not to let the opportunity slip. Best decision I ever made. There is no way i can justify it, but seeing these pitcures makes me want a Special now, too (AND and SG JR, haha). I frreaking love P90's and wraptails.

    Kudos to Gibson on the Originals Collection, kudos for Gibson for P-90's and wraptails. My Lefty R7 Goldtop is getting no attention sine Junior arrived. Thinking of selling to finance more gear.

  15. #55
    Les Paul Forum Member bluesforstevie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Nellytown U. City MO
    Posts
    12,756

    Re: NGD - Gibson Les Paul Special 2019 - TV Yellow

    Quote Originally Posted by 405z06 View Post
    I am a lefty, and wanted a P-90 guitar. And for emotional reasons i was set on a SC Junior from the originals collection. But SC Juniors in lefty are rare as hens teeth, while the Specials and SG JRs are bit more common for some reason. I was GASing, so at different times earlier this year I had a Special and a SG JR in a cart at different guitar sellers websites, with credit card out. Both times I chickened out before hitting the "BUY" button.

    Finally in Feb found a lefty SC Junior and decided not to let the opportunity slip. Best decision I ever made. There is no way i can justify it, but seeing these pitcures makes me want a Special now, too (AND and SG JR, haha). I frreaking love P90's and wraptails.

    Kudos to Gibson on the Originals Collection, kudos for Gibson for P-90's and wraptails. My Lefty R7 Goldtop is getting no attention sine Junior arrived. Thinking of selling to finance more gear.
    Yeah, I really love mine. If I could figure out how to post pictures again, I have better ones. Use to...but I forgot. Any help?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Scroll Down And Click On All Of Our Sponsors' Logos For Their Websites!




i