• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD - Gibson Les Paul Special 2019 - TV Yellow

Sol

I just wanted to reassure those with rosewood boards that the shade of your fingerboard has nothing to do with the moisture content of your board.
Pale brown to dark brown boards are identical, the shade is not an indication of your fingerboards health.

Nether do darker boards have more 'oil' content than lighter shades..

Should you detect shrinking accompanied by micro fractures on your board, then you have something to address.
Other than this the colour shade is irrelevant to the viability of your guitar.

I simply want to reassure those that may be vulnerable to eronius information that their guitars are perfectly fine.

Finally, my 59 ri d/c special is a guitar I couldn't live without. P 90,s rock!

Trans-Am

Just wait until it get's played a lot and reliced the natural way now.:salude

It will even be better looking new.:hee

bluesforstevie

Here's mine. 7.6 lbs. Plek'd and playing great. Sounds killer. Very happy with this guitar. The P90s are great but don't quite have the quack of the the old ones...say 52 to 54 but really good for the price. Yeah the case is not an easy closer for sure. But it works. Great guitar from Gibson USA.

Attachments

• ddlpspecial.jpg
    ddlpspecial.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Sombrero top

Here's mine. 7.6 lbs. Plek'd and playing great. Sounds killer. Very happy with this guitar. The P90s are great but don't quite have the quack of the the old ones...say 52 to 54 but really good for the price. Yeah the case is not an easy closer for sure. But it works. Great guitar from Gibson USA.

Looks great!

Cliff Gress

I just purchased one of the new Specials. Build is excellent. P90s sound great. Neck is very similar to my 2010 R7.

405z06

I am a lefty, and wanted a P-90 guitar. And for emotional reasons i was set on a SC Junior from the originals collection. But SC Juniors in lefty are rare as hens teeth, while the Specials and SG JRs are bit more common for some reason. I was GASing, so at different times earlier this year I had a Special and a SG JR in a cart at different guitar sellers websites, with credit card out. Both times I chickened out before hitting the "BUY" button.

Finally in Feb found a lefty SC Junior and decided not to let the opportunity slip. Best decision I ever made. There is no way i can justify it, but seeing these pitcures makes me want a Special now, too (AND and SG JR, haha). I frreaking love P90's and wraptails.

Kudos to Gibson on the Originals Collection, kudos for Gibson for P-90's and wraptails. My Lefty R7 Goldtop is getting no attention sine Junior arrived. Thinking of selling to finance more gear.

bluesforstevie

I am a lefty, and wanted a P-90 guitar. And for emotional reasons i was set on a SC Junior from the originals collection. But SC Juniors in lefty are rare as hens teeth, while the Specials and SG JRs are bit more common for some reason. I was GASing, so at different times earlier this year I had a Special and a SG JR in a cart at different guitar sellers websites, with credit card out. Both times I chickened out before hitting the "BUY" button.

Finally in Feb found a lefty SC Junior and decided not to let the opportunity slip. Best decision I ever made. There is no way i can justify it, but seeing these pitcures makes me want a Special now, too (AND and SG JR, haha). I frreaking love P90's and wraptails.

Kudos to Gibson on the Originals Collection, kudos for Gibson for P-90's and wraptails. My Lefty R7 Goldtop is getting no attention sine Junior arrived. Thinking of selling to finance more gear.

Yeah, I really love mine. If I could figure out how to post pictures again, I have better ones. Use to...but I forgot. Any help?

bluesforstevie

Here's a clip with Special: neck pickup > middle > bridge > neck:

http://www.saunalahti.fi/mavartia/LP_Special.mp3

Daaaaayuuuuum!!! That sounds flat out killer!!! I just saw this reply with pics and jam! I am going to work for a minute and then come back and check it out! Preliminary reaction is just wonderful! Great neck pup which is the acid test imo. If you've got a decent neck tone on these bad boys then everything else should fall in place!!! Man she looks great too!!!

Did I say "wonderful playing too?" . All of that is heartfelt and will be further refined when I get back home. But I think your playing is what's most evident. JUST KILLER DILLER!!! Be back later

DD

Sombrero top

Daaaaayuuuuum!!! That sounds flat out killer!!! I just saw this reply with pics and jam! I am going to work for a minute and then come back and check it out! Preliminary reaction is just wonderful! Great neck pup which is the acid test imo. If you've got a decent neck tone on these bad boys then everything else should fall in place!!! Man she looks great too!!!

Did I say "wonderful playing too?" . All of that is heartfelt and will be further refined when I get back home. But I think your playing is what's most evident. JUST KILLER DILLER!!! Be back later

DD

Thanks! In fact I just replaced original neck pickup with a Lollar 50's wind which I like better. Original was too dark for me.

Mad Nobby

Hello from Germany,

I am Nobby and I am a absolut Guitar Junkie, soooo I also ordered my Special in TV Yellow. Now I am facing that I have to wait another 3 weeks for my new rockbaby:dang

This will be my than my third Gibson among far to many other guitars, but life is short......

Les Paul Standard 94 with Bigsby
SG Special

Cheers

Nobby

Last edited:

mdubya

Hello from Germany,

I am Nobby and I am a absolut Guitar Junkie, soooo I also ordered my Special in TV Yellow. Now I am facing that I have to wait another 3 weeks for my new rockbaby:dang

This will be my than my third Gibson among far to many other guitars, but life is short......

Les Paul Standard 94 with Bigsby
SG Special

Cheers

Nobby

It will be worth the wait!

I want a Gold Top with P-90s, but the TV Yellow Special is so good, I can't justify it. It will happen eventually, but it won't be necessary.