• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1968 Custom 50th Anniversary - Advice

Jhexp

Hi guys, I recently bought my first Les Paul - A 1968 50th Anniversary Custom. After getting it home I noticed just near the neck and strap button the paint job seems rough. You can only really see this under harsh light. I contacted the store who in turn said they contacted Gibson about it and forwarded the photos I sent. He told me it's something or other reacting to the Nitro. I dunno, I love playing this guitar but for what it cost I expected it to not have this. Maybe I'm being too OCD? This is my first Les Paul so I'm not up on all things Gibson. Also, where the binding meets the body is kinda rough in that area as well.

20190513_130518_zps1zbmua99.jpg

Attachments

• 20190513_130827.jpg
    20190513_130827.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 16

Omega

It is natural to obsessively look this kind of stuff up and down. Don't worry about it. Just enjoy it. It is a freaking great guitar and will give you years and years of enjoyment to play. It won't be long that you will have forgotten you even noticed it.

El Gringo

Looks kind a sort of like the infamous Gibson orange peel,if that's all that you question I say you are far ahead of the game and you should be ok .

Shocktop99

You'll be fine!! not like anyone at a gig will notice that small little spot and a little rough binding! (atleast no one has noticed mine yet :laugh2:)

EdmundGTP

It could be wet sanded and polished smooth to match the rest of the guitar. Caveat: by someone who's skilled at doing such things.

Jhexp

Thanks for the replies. I guess I was nit picking. It's such a beautiful guitar to play and it looks so damn nice.